Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Family's First Full Day

Yesterday was the first full day for my family, in Korea. As usual, the weather didn't cooperate and it rained. So, my plans for yesterday had to be changed. We ended up going to my campus and I showed them my dorm, as well as the rest of the campus. From there we took a little break and I visited Grace (I miss her). Then, after meeting back up with the family, we went to Suwon Station and did a little shopping. No one bought anything but I think they enjoyed walking around and looking at things. After walking so much everyone was hungry. So, we went to a Korean BBQ. They really liked that and Josh thinks it would be a hit states side. Then we tried to get back to the hotel and that was interesting. It would seem that no one knows of this hotel. I tried to explain where it was and I even gave the cab driver the address but he still didn't understand. It took a really long time and we tried everything to get him to figure out where we wanted to go. We showed him on a map, told him the name of the intersection (with the two intersecting street names), what was near it, etc. Finally, I told him to take us to the Home Plus that was two blocks away and we walked from there. Once we got to the hotel my family kind of passed out. I thought about going back to Grace's but I didn't want to just leave my family here and have them wake up and not know where I am or how to get a hold of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment