Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jeju-do Day 3

On the third day, we went to a place called sunrise peak. We didn't go for the sunrise because it was far away and we would have had to get up really REALLY early. It was still a nice little climb and good view from the top. It was on the Eastern side of the island. Then we traveled to the Western side of the island to a beach to see the sun set. At the beach, we found little fish that blended in with the sand. Grace was determined to catch one and, after I tried to help for a little while, I was too. Finally, through dumb luck, we caught one. I should say, I stepped on one that tried to swim past me as Grace and I chased it. But, we caught it and had a lot of fun chasing fish together. I would like to note that, although I am a big guy, when I stepped on the fish it wasn't killed and probably only harmed in the fact that it was distressed from being stuck/caught. After we changed clothes, we headed to Dragon Head Rock. As you can see from the picture... it got it's name because the rock looks like the head of a dragon. On the walk back to the bus stop we crossed a very colorfully lit bridge. For dinner we had some more famous Jeju-do food. We ended up "crossing" the island that day. We started in the South and went to the North then to the East and then the West and ended up back at the North (Jeju-si/Jeju city).

No comments:

Post a Comment