Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Busy Friday

Friday, March 27, 2009
I started the day to the sounds of an announcement saying everyone had to get out of the dorm. They were doing disinfection treatment and the side effects could include vomiting, dizziness, and/or... well... we won't share the last one. So I quickly showered and left with everyone else. We went and got food and then they had Korean 1. I decided to tag along for the class which turned out to be kind of nice. The teacher is nice and uses English (something that my Korean teacher isn't and doesn't). The class learns things, probably due to the use of a language they know. And Grace was in the class, though, I didn't talk with her other than saying, "see you later," at the end of class.

After the Korean class a few of us went walking around Suwon to find the fortress. In our quest to find the fortress, we found a church and went inside for a look. There we met a Canadian priest that showed us around the church. From the church, we could see the fortress wall. We walked to the fortress and messed around there for awhile. One of the members of this group, Alex, had a class to get back to so I went with him.

Once I got back to campus, I went back to the newly disinfected dorm and waited till it was time to meet up with the Friends Club. We, the Friends Club and the exchange students that chose to go, went to Lotte World. Think Disney Land meets Mall of America. It was fun but I had intended to meet up with Grace... that never happened. But I did get to hangout with Anh and Alex (the Alex from before was there too but this "Alex" is a different one... confusing... I know). Anh and I have been talking a lot (both from the U.S.A. and of Asian decent, etc.) and are pretty good friends. I forced myself to ride whatever my group wanted to ride. Oh, I should tell you that we had to stay in groups because there was only one ticket per group and you needed the ticket to do anything in the amusement park. So, I went on a bunch of rides I generally wouldn't have and found that they're not as bad as I once thought. Think: giant drop, roller coasters, and weird things that spin and see-saw (yes, I'm using "see-saw" as a verb). I still don't "like" them but they're not bad. At the end of the night we all went back to the dorm (about a forty-five minute bus ride).

Once I got back everyone that didn't go to Lotte World was out drinking and wanted those that did go to come out. I almost went but it was kinda late so I decided to do laundry (I know, that isn't a good thing to do when it's "kinda late"). But, while I was doing laundry I got to talk with Alex (the one mentioned at Lotte World as the "Alex" that wasn't the one from the fortress... there are three exchange students named Alex). So, we talked for awhile and I got my laundry done. Now, here I am. It's not officially late and I should go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if "busy" Friday is the right adjective.... It sounds more adventurous or fun.... b/c you went to a theme park! Woo!

    ReplyDelete