Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13Th

OK, so, in truth, this isn't just about Friday. This will be about Wed, Thur, and Friday. But, the "Friday the 13Th" title has a special ring to it for most westerners.

Here we go.
Wed - I went to Suwon Station with Evan. Suwon Station is kind of like a shopping mall crossed with a train station/subway station. Outside of the main station there are a lot of other stores and markets and even a red light district that shouldn't be there. (Note: We asked a guy where to get good food and he pointed us in this direction. The area is interesting to see because all the "store" fronts are windows with curtains and ladies sit in the windows just watching you. **More important note: we did NOT buy or sell anything) So, there's not a lot to report about this day but I thought the sign above the red light district was kind of interesting since it doesn't seem to be true.

Thur - There was a friends club meeting. It started off with everyone learning how to cook some Korean food and ended with everyone going out to drink. Other than the cooking of food it was a pretty standard meeting in Korea. And, yes, I sat next to Grace.

Fri - Finally, the day the Title eludes to. This was the day of the mass group meetings. I had a meeting in just about every group which meant I could go to some. Here's a comparison list:
Groups I'm in or considering joining:
Friends club
AGA (not 100% on what it stands for)
AITC - Travel Club
Paragliding Club
Rock Climbing Club
"Kendo" (but the Korean word for it) club
"GO" (but the Korean name for the game) club
and a couple others

Groups I made it to the meeting for:
Friends club (on Thur)
Paragliding Club
AITC
AGA

So, they can't say I didn't try. I'm sure you can all guess that we ended up going out drinking after the meetings. In fact, a bunch of people went to Seoul to go clubbing after going to the bars after the meetings. I didn't go (I know... I should've). But I think staying out till 02:00 is good enough. The guys that went into Seoul didn't get back till 08:00 or 09:00. So, I was at three different bars and one restaurant before deciding to come back to the dorms and sleep. I smelt like smoke and my eyes burned from having my contacts in for too long and from being in smoke filled bars for way too long. Oh, and I went back to Suwon Station with Evan and Charles for lunch.
I guess Friday the 13Th was a pretty tough day. But, like most, if not all, things... there was an up side. I made plans to go out to dinner with Grace ^__^

1 comment:

  1. Hey BJ, love the Platteville Alumni t-shirt !! Anybody ask.... where the hect is Platteville ? Do U know where it is ??

    Love, Dad
    A true Platteville alumni !!

    ReplyDelete