Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gyeongbokgung Palace


Today, the exchange students had a chance to meet up with the buddy club and pick one of three Seoul trips to go on. There was shopping, culture, and modern Seoul. I'm guessing that you all know I picked the culture trip. We went to Gyeongbokgung Palace (main throne housing pictured). It is a large place that has a lot of history and would be really pretty when it's warmer and the flowers and trees are in bloom. I have many pictures of this palace but that would be way too much to put up in a blog. I will, I guess, put up a handful or pictures.

This is the changing of the guards.

The throne

A hallway

A dining area

A little island

Lots of stairs

Myself and Grace. Not the best picture of her or me.

There was a place where we could dress up in traditional Korean clothes but it would've taken more time than we had. So, sadly, we didn't get to do it. After the palace we went out to eat and walked around Seoul (a small part of a large city).

3 comments:

  1. BJ, very scenic.... can't wait to see it myself.

    Dad
    p.s. Grace is pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a terrific way for all of us to almost capture the beauty of the country and experience what you're experiencing. Keep it up.
    Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice palace! Next time you have to dress up in traditional clothes!

    ReplyDelete